St. Pete and Tampa Bay ICF Home Builders
There are many reasons to choose insulating concrete forms for your next construction project. And the best part of making that choice is that you get all of the benefits at the same time no matter which you think is most important.
Benefits of ICF Homes VS Traditional Homes
- Energy-Efficient: A thick concrete core inside your walls provide extreme strength and durability, all sandwiched between thick insulated panels of EPS Foam
- Comfort: Insulated concrete walls protect you from heat and cold, noise, pollution, and mother nature herself. This keeps what’s outside where it belongs, leaving you comfortable, quiet and secure no matter the threat.
- Quietness: By the numbers ICFs have an STC rating of 54 which means shouting outside the walls cannot be heard. In every-day life noisy neighbors, busy streets, trains, planes, and other annoyances stop at the walls leaving you content.
- Disaster Resilience: The core of ICF walls is reinforced concrete. This provides extremely strong walls to support almost any concept or design and will withstand more than 200mph winds, impacts from debris, and other challenges life may throw at your home.
- Life Safety & Security: BuildBlock ICF walls are strong and solid. They will withstand more than 200mph winds by default. Strong reinforced concrete delivers safety in high-seismic zones, in coastal areas, performs well in flooding, carries a 4-hour fire rating, and creates a home that is resilient most anything mother nature can think of.
- Solid Strong Walls: ICF walls are solid air-tight concrete. Monolithic walls are all poured at once and is one solid piece. Combined with the EPS foam insulation and the embedded insulated plastic studs there’s no need for this house to breathe to eliminate moisture and let in dust, dirt and allergens.
- Green Construction: ICFs are a green product. Once the bead is produced it is expanded using steam in special molds to create the different shapes and sizes of ICF blocks. When installed, filled with concrete and finished inside and out the EPS foam will not degrade or decay. It doesn’t compact or lose its insulation value and will keep insulating for hundreds of years.
- Lowest Waste Product: BuildBlock ICFs especially are designed with a 1″ repeating interlock pattern, so during the ICF construction, the least necessary is cut off. This creates less waste and makes it easier to recycle the scrap. Any portion of BuildBlock ICFs with at least 1 web, can be filled in to a part of a wall, further reducing waste.
- Healthier Home / Less dirt & Dust: Dusting is one of the activities we all have to do fare too often. Dust, dirt, pollen, etc. all filter in through conventionally built homes; it’s just their nature. Cavity walls are designed to breathe to dry out when moisture forms in their walls to prevent mildew, old, and rot. It’s how we’ve always built, but not with ICFs
- Air Tight Walls: ICF homes don’t suffer from drafts and cold spots which often occur in conventional construction. Just one more way to keep you comfortable inside.